A Day as a LVN in California


 There are many different types of experiences that a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) can expect to encounter. They will be one of the most valuable assets that a hospital can have, because they will be needed to perform vital medical tasks. There are patients that will need to have routine procedures done, such as blood tests and other evaluations. These minor tests may take up quite a bit of the hospital's time. Though it may seem hard to believe, having well trained nurses on staff can make the entire system run much more smoothly for the hospital.



 Since these nurses are in high demand, they can expect to face some long hours in the hospital. I have been asked to fill long shifts that might run up to 12 hours a day. This can be challenging, but it is important for the hospital to rely on these trained medical professionals. I know that my hospital appreciates the work that i put in to developing these skills. I also find it very rewarding to see that my patients are well taken care of while they are here. Some of them may come in to the hospital feeling very sick, but quickly leave feeling better than ever. I get a great feeling knowing that I have been a part of this essential healing process.



 I would also like to emphasize that many people will simply enjoy the challenge that the medical field presents to them. As a LVN, I will be asked to learn a number of different vital skills that can be used throughout my day. It makes me proud to realize that I have cultivated a vast body of expertise on different medical techniques. Though the work itself may be challenging, it represents something that I can be proud of in my life. You may want to think about whether you would like to feel this sense of satisfaction for yourself.